Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Mom, My Best Friend



Proverbs 31:28aHer children arise up, and call her blessed;…..

Wow, is the first word that comes to my mind when I think of what my mom means to me, and how impossible it is to put the essence of your mother into words. It is like trying to describe a beautiful sunset, the color of a flower or the pattern of a piece of material to someone who can not see. If they have never experienced it for themselves they can only imagine how it really is.

I am glad to say that I am one of the lucky few who has a great relationship with their mother. I have heard many people complain about their mother; how she makes their lives miserable or that she is such a burden because they now have to take care of her. How easily we forget what our mothers have done and what they have gone through for us. How ungrateful we are!

I don't believe that my mother and I would be as close as we are, if my dad would have stayed at home and not left our family. I was very young and we needed each other during that time and we have kept that bond through the years. During my growing up years she was my stability. She was always there for us kids. We didn't have a lot of money but I never felt like we were poor. She put the Lord first and He always took care of us.

As I grow older and no longer need a mother for my every need she has turned into my best friend. We never have a dull moment when we are together. We have fun whether we are just sitting at home talking, playing games or watching movies.

This past year we started making little weekend trips visiting different Bed and Breakfasts and in this month of April, we are taking a trip to Hawaii! I can't wait! I love my mother dearly and thank the Lord almost daily for giving her to me.

So many girls go out looking for the perfect friend that they can say anything to or do anything with and they miss out on the greatest friend right under their very noses. I am glad that the Lord gave me the opportunity to discover mine. I don't know what I would do without my best friend -- My Mom

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your appreciation for your mother! What an encouragement :) You and your mom are a great blessing to me... and my mother too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Michele in showing your mother such honor. She has been through a lot over the years and yet she always wears her smile where everyone can see it!

    ReplyDelete