Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Mom, My Confidante


When people ask me who my best friend and confidante is, I tell them that outside of the Lord Jesus Christ, that this person would be my mom. Over the years, I have been able to witness a special side of my mom that most people usually do not see. Through all the trials and hardships that she has come through, she still trusts the Lord with all her body, soul, and mind. It was through my mom, that I began to realize that maybe there really was a Father who was caring for the fatherless.

Through her life, I have seen the Lord exemplified many times. When things would get tough, she would go straight to her Heavenly Father and would leave there knowing that He would take care of it for her. I know it is not possible, but if I could add another verse into Hebrews 11, it would start "By faith, this mother."

Through all that she has gone through in her life, my brothers and I know that we are loved unconditionally. She has always found the time to spend with us. To this day, I don't know how she did when my dad left. It had to be only through God's grace, love, and presence.

I know that I can go to her with anything that I either have a question about or just need some encouragement and reassurance. I love that about my mom. She is always ready to talk to any of the three of us, day or night.

In that way, she is like my Heavenly Father. He never tires of listening to us, of hearing our voice. I realize more and more every day how very special my mother is to me. I also know that if she were to meet her Lord today, that I would see her again someday because I will be there someday as well. I'm thankful for her testimony in my life.

2 comments:

  1. This was sweet Katie. I am thankful for you and your mom. What a precious relationship you have. Thank you sharing your mom through Katies eyes. It was a blessing.
    I love you both very much!
    Dianne Cobb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Katie, for sharing your mom with the rest of us! It has been a special blessing to see your mom stay faithful-- and happy about it! It encourages me to see you following her example. You both are a blessing to me and I love you! Diana Gove

    ReplyDelete