Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Mom - A Woman of Character


My mom has always been a special person to me and now I get the opportunity to write about her. I feel so honored! I can honestly say that my mom has been the example of what a woman of character should be. I got the chance to spend a lot of quality time with my mother this past summer as we were renovating our new house. Every day I learned something new about her. She has this fun loving spirit about her that I love dearly. She has an honest desire in her heart for the Truth of Gods Word. She amazes me day after day with her devotion to the Lord. Even when things get hard, she never gives up. She will sit in her room, listen to sermons and search the scriptures, not willing to let Satan defeat her. She wants to learn all she can to increase her faith. My mother has taught me a lot. My mom is special to me because she never gave up on me or my family. She will cook and clean and take care of our family, not out of duty, but out of love. And even though I don't say it often enough, I am so thankful for her and all the little things she does for me. When I grow up and become a wife and mother one day, I want to be the type of woman my mom is. She is someone I can look up to, and learn from. I love you Mom!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so encouraged by the spirit of determination your mom has to stay faithful to God. Even through hard times.
    You have a precious mother Kayla!!! Thank you for sharing a little of your heart with us about her. It makes me love you both even more.
    Dianne Cobb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're family is precious to me, and it blesses my heart to see what your mom means to you, Kayla! Thanks for sharing! I love you two :)
    Diana Gove

    ReplyDelete