Monday, November 2, 2009

My Mother And My Best Friend




When I was asked to write this paper, I was not sure what to say. My mom means to so much to me that I thought it would be difficult to put it into one paper. My mom is a wonderful woman who has come so far and is such a godly example for me and many others. She is an outstanding caregiver, a wise adviser, and an amazing friend.

As far back as I can remember my mom has been diligent to take care of myself, my brothers, my dad, and our house. With five hungry mouths to feed, this has not always been easy, but she has continuously done an excellent job of it. Her perseverance has shaped my idea about hard work and housework.

Whenever I cook or do work around the house, I can always hear her gentle voice instructing me on the right way to do the task. For my whole life, my mom has not only been the greatest caregiver but she has also been my counselor and guide.

No matter what the problem, I can always go to my mom for guidance. She has spent hours studying the Bible and listening to preaching so she could teach me about life. There have been many times, especially now during my teen-age years, were we have sat down and discussed everything from Bible prophecy to dealing with adolescent emotions. Every time we've done this, we both come away enriched and closer spiritually and emotionally.

My mom is also not afraid to bring problems and concerns to my attention. Her love is all encompassing. As my counselor, Mom is unbeatable, but as my friend, she is also superb.  I'm blessed!

As a military family, there was a time when we were pretty much alone with just our family around us. Those times were hard, but they were essential in building the amazing friendship that my mom and I share today. Our relationship goes far beyond the typical mother- daughter bond, into a deep, close friendship that has been beneficial for both of us. She is my shopping buddy, my fashion consultant, and my confidant. There have been many nights where we have talked far into the night about fun "girl" things. Those have been the most wonderful times in my life. My mom is undoubtedly my best friend other that Jesus.

Caregiver, counselor, and companion, my mom is a wonderful woman. She has let the fire of trials refine her into a shining vessel of honor. Without her, I would be lost and overwhelmed by life. She is the most important person to me (other than the Lord, of course). Mom, I love you with all my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Your mom is such a blessing to me too Carolyn.
    She is a class A helper for my Kindergarten class and I couldn't do it without her. I love her servants heart and sweet spirit. You both are a blessing to me.
    Mrs. Shaffer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viki Griffith is a precious lady of our church. It is a real pleasure to watch her interact with her children and can the special bond she has with them and especially you, Carolyn. You are truly blessed to have a mother like her. She is a valuable Godly lady in our church.

    ReplyDelete