Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Mom



My Mother is a godly example to me. She starts everyday with her Bible in her lap. She has been saved for almost 31 years and every year she has read the Bible through completely. But most importantly, she lives by the Bible. I see it most in the way she loves others, especially my dad. When God gives me a husband, I hope I can be as good a wife as my mom is. They have been missionaries since I was born, and all my life I have seen how my mom has tried to help and encourage others. She is always doing extra special things for the ladies in our church and for lost ladies she is trying to reach for the Lord. Just yesterday she went with Jana, one of our church members, to the grocery store to give a small gift wrapped package to each of the clerks. The package had a Christian book, ornament and candy . The clerks were amazed that somebody thought of them. My mom is good at thinking about these kinds of things and is a great example to me.


My Mother is also my teacher. That isn’t always fun, especially when I don’t feel like doing school. :( But if it wasn’t for my mom, I would never have made it through to where I am ready to graduate this coming spring. She spends extra time helping me with my school and tests when they’re hard. She encourages me to work at my music. I have a voice teacher, but I don’t go alone.




My mom does voice with me! We also played an instrumental yesterday at the Christmas candlelight service together with Dad. I have homeschooled all the way through school, and it will really seem strange to me, when next year comes and my mom doesn’t order my new text books. As great as it is to graduate, it will actually be kind of sad. But though I won’t be sitting with my mom homeschooling, the truth is, she will still be my teacher!

Last of all, but not the least, my mom is also my close friend. We sit together sewing and doing crafts on the bed almost every night. And while we sew, we talk. I really appreciate all the time my mom gives to me. I am glad that she not only loves me, she likes me!

I’m so glad you could meet my mom.

7 comments:

  1. I feel blessed to know both of you. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious contribution Amy. I love both you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, to have a Godly heritage as you have had Amy. Don't lose it, don't throw it away. Cherish it and build upon it. And daily thank God for it!! Thank you for sharing. I love you both Amy and Emilie.

    Jo-Anne LaVigne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Amy! It's a privilege to know both you and your mother. I'm thankful for you both and love you too!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, how sweet! I love your Mom too, Amy! WOW! I can't believe you are going to be graduating this year! Congratulations!!! :)

    Katina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Amy- this is so precious-- You are a blessing to me. Such a wonderful blessing to see your love for your mom.. I love Mom too!

    Mrs Silcox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very beautiful story, I'm so impressed and believe you have described my sister exactly, Love, Bev

    ReplyDelete