Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Mom, My Godly Example



written by Judy Diaz


“Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.” Proverbs 27:17

At this point in time my mother has become one of my best friends, besides the Lord and the Word of God. My mom is the second person who I confide in, allowing me the opportunity to seek her understanding and wisdom to help with life situations, spiritual struggles, and be able to share with her ways in which the Lord has seen fit to work in my life. Our friendship does describe the above verse, the encouragement and understanding heart of my mom sharpens the outlook and my view of life.

This friendship did not just happen one day, it came through the grace of God when both of us, having realized our sin state before Jehovah and chose to repent, to turn from our sin, and place our trust in Jesus Christ. My mom and I have a relationship with God and each other. Without Jesus Christ, the friendship with my mom would not be what it is today; there would be no blessed hope, and no Holy Spirit to guide us.

Since my mom has trusted the Lord Jesus Christ as her Saviour, the encouragement she has been to me in so many area of life has been evidenced. The most recent began on November 28, 2009 when her husband of thirty-six years, and our dad unexpectedly went home to be with the Lord.

My mom’s daily fellowship with the LORD, has always been a constant example. I cannot remember a time when my mom did not get up in the morning sit at the kitchen table to read the Word of God, and pray. This time in fellowship with her LORD did not cease when her husband and our dad died. It actually increased.
You see, fellowship with her LORD, enabled my mom to praise God for her husband dying and going to heaven. God gave my mom amazing strength, peace and grace following the death of her husband, because she depended and continues to depend upon the Lord of her life. There is no doubt that my mom misses her husband, but she is learning that God is more than able to meet her every need.

“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever.” Philippians 4:19,20

The relationship of mom with the Lord has been and continues to be an encouragement for me to follow. To see my mom after her husband and our dad’s death grow still closer to the Lord by trusting Him to take care of her physical, emotional, spiritual needs and desires, has only been a greater encouragement and blessing.
Thank-you, mom for your love, friendship, counsel, and godly example, of what a wife, mother, and woman should be.

I love you Mom!

2 comments:

  1. A great tribute to your Mom, Judy. There really is no real life without the Lord and He can help us through any trial for He does not allow anything in our life that we can't handle. Your Mom is a great example to me also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sis! It was such a sweet tribute to our mother. God has blessed us so very much with a Godly mother. I love you and our mom very much.

    ReplyDelete